Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why do I Photograph?

People have started asking me why I take photographs. The same question, repeated by many, started making me think. Why do I take photographs? And I found number of reasons.

First and foremost, I love photography. The happiness I feel when I capture a good photograph is immense. The joy of getting the right composition, the right angle, the right frame and finally watching the final photograph as I imagined it prior to clicking away, it can't be explained in words. And the satisfaction that I feel when someone admires a photograph taken by me, is akin to someone admiring the kid I brought up. Well, you could criticize it as satisfying my egoistical mind. Maybe. But the truth is, I love taking photographs. And it is starting to grow in me as a passion.

Secondly, photography is a medium that I choose to talk to the people who would care to listen to me. Yes. This may sound insane or pompous, but unfortunately that's the truth. There are a lot of things that I want to express. Things that if I say or write may not get across to the audience that I expect to talk to. And they do say a  picture is worth a thousand words.


The first time I showed this photograph to my cousin, who also happens to live next door, she won't believe I took it standing right in front of our houses. And that is one message that I've always wanted to convey to people. "You don't need to go to far away places to see the most stunning of visuals. You just need to keep an open eye."

Beautiful things are occurring all around us. But we take things for granted and miss the scenes which could make our day. I have been taking photographs for the last two months only. And I still think I've not got enough of my backyard. And I don't think I ever will. Because, the nature is ever changing. Each day is different. And you never know what each day has up its sleeve...

No comments:

Post a Comment